6 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup pistachios, shelled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs to butter and sugar, beating until well combined.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir to form a stiff dough, then mix in pistachios.
- Form dough into a slightly flattened log about 12" by 4" on a large non-stick or greased and floured baking sheet.
- Bake until slightly firm (about 25 minutes) then cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- Cut biscotti diagonally into 1" thick slices and arrange, cut side down, back on the baking sheet.
- Bake until crisp but slightly soft in the center, about 8 minutes.
Makes 8 biscotti